5 years Integrated B.A. (LAW) LL.B.; LL.M.; PGDHR in Human Rights;
M-SET qualified, Ph.D. in Law.
CURRENT WORK STATUS:
Presently working in Bhagubai Changu Thakur Law College, New Panvel as an Assistant Professor-in-law for both 3 years LL.B and 5 years BLS LL.B courses under Mumbai University.
Additionally working as Visiting Faculty in Bhagubai Changu Thakur Law College, New Panvel for 2 years LL.M. course under Mumbai University.
- B.A.(Law), North Bengal University, Darjeeling, 1997, held 1st. Class 1st. position.
- LL.B., North Bengal University, Darjeeling, 2000, held 1st. Class 1st. position.
- LL.M., North Bengal University, Darjeeling, 2002, held 1st. Class 1st. position.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights from Indian Institute of Human Rights, New Delhi , 2011, placed in 1st Class.
- Qualified PET for Ph.D., Mumbai University in 2011.
- Qualified M-SET.
- Ph.D. in Law from Shri JJT University, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan
- University Medal holder for securing 1st. Class 1st. position in LL.B. (5 yrs.), University of North Bengal, Darjeeling.
- Shri P.K. Sengupta Medal holder for securing 1st. Class 1st. position in LL.B. (5 yrs.).
- Shri Bibhuti Bhusan Ghosh Memorial Medal for securing 1st. Class 1st. position in LL.B. (5 yrs.).
- University Medal holder for securing 1st. Class 1st. position in LL.M., University of North Bengal, Darjeeling.
- Endowment cash award by Smt. Gyanada Saha for 1st. Class 1st. position in LL.M., University of North Bengal, Darjeeling.
- Academic Experience:
- Worked as guest faculty in Law in Regional Institute of Paramedical and Nursing Institute. Subject taught – Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence.
- Worked as guest faculty in Law, in New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune. Subjects taught – Transfer of Property Act, Human Year Rights, International Law, Labour Law, Industrial Dispute Act and Trade Union Act. Total duration- 1 year.(2005 – 2006).
- Worked as visiting faculty in MGM Law College, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Subjects taught – History of Courts, Jurisprudence, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Administrative Law and practical paper including Moot Court. Total duration – 3 years (2011 – 2014).
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Oriental College of Law, Sanpada, Navi Mumbai Subjects taught are: Jurisprudence, Evidence Act, Administrative Law, Civil Procedure Code, Family Law I and II, Company Law and Drafting Pleading and Conveyancing (DPC).
- Trained students for Moot Court competitions and conducted Moot Court Competitions.
- Held the position of Editor for Law Magazine “LEXIS”.
- Held the position of Legal Aid in-charge. Participated actively in Legal-aid Clinic.
- Held the position of DLLE in- charge .
- Organised Legal Essay writing competition, Legal Debates on contemporary topics and slogan writing competitions.
- Expertise in teaching Jurisprudence, Administrative Law and Evidence.
- Presently working as Assistant Professor in Law at Bhagubai Changu Thakur Law College from 01/07/2022 till present.
- Participated in five days Faculty Development Programme on ‘Teaching, Evaluation and Research Skills – Contemporary challenges in Law Domain’ organised by Amity Law School, Amity University, Kolkata, 2021. Secured ‘Excellent’ grading in the Evaluative Feedback with a score of 41 out of 50.
- Participated and successfully completed two weeks International Refresher Course on “Emerging Jurisprudence of Intellectual Property Rights and Policies: Recent Trends and Challenges around the globe” organized by The Neotia University, Kolkata, 2021 and obtained Grade ‘A’.
- Participated in National Webinar on “Legality of Phone Tapping” conducted by SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law, 2021.
- Participated in two-day Webinar on “NAAC accreditation, a first step towards achieving excellence in quality education for legal education colleges” organized by HVPS Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College of Arts, Science & Commerce in association with HVPS College of Law.
- Presented one paper in International seminar and two in National seminars.
- “The prevalent inequalities in rights of Hindu women under the Hindu jurisprudence” published in Centum Vol.9, Issue-9, 2021, Pg. No.82 bearing ISSN No. 2231-1475.
- “Prejudices within family, role of Family Courts in speedy disposal of family matters and Uniform Civil Code” published in Centum Vol.9 Issue-11,2021, Pg. No.30 bearing ISSN No. 2231-1475.
- “Protection of Human Rights under the Constitution of India” in International Seminar on Future of Human Rights, Humanity & Culture in Emerging Globalized World organized by All India Rights Organization in association with Indian Association of Social Scientists and S.J.N.P.G. College, Lucknow University, Lucknow.
- “Education and Legal Rights: The two essential tools for women’s empowerment” in National Conference on Women Empowerment and Entrepreneurship” jointly organized by the Women Development Cell, University of Mumbai and Tolani College of Commerce, Mumbai, bearing ISBN No. 978-93-82429-99-9.
- “Migration under the aegis of International Law & Human Rights” in National Seminar on Migration & Development: opportunities & Challenges jointly organized by Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College, Mumbai and International Institute for Population Sciences, Mumbai.
- “Efficacy of Hindu Law on women’s rights: A critical analysis” in International Conference organized by Kishinchand Chellaram Law College, Mumbai, bearing ISBN No. 978-93-83072-58-3.
- Non- Academic experience:
- Worked as an apprentice with a senior criminal lawyer, dealing with various criminal matters, matrimonial disputes, NDPS Act, trafficking in human beings, food safety and standards, essential goods etc. Total duration-2 years (2000 – 2002).
- Worked as a trainee editor in All India Reporter (A.I.R.), Nagpur having its branch in Pune. Job requirement included research, critical analysis, summarization of judgments and writing an essay based on the judgments. Judgments were accumulated from the various courts right from the lower court to the High Courts as well as Supreme court judgments. Synopsis writing on relevant contemporary matters to be printed for their monthly edition publication. Total duration-2 years. (2004-2006).
- Practised independently in Civil, Criminal, Family matters in Navi Mumbai Courts, Thane District Court and Panvel Senior Division and Junior Division Courts. Rent Act matters in Competent Authority Court at Bandra. Writ Petitions in High Court of Judicature at Bombay. Total duration – from 2014 to 2020.
Hobbies: Cooking, Reading, Sketching, Gardening, Stitching, Music and Travelling.