The Savitribai Phule Jayanti National Day Celebration held at Bhagubai Changu Thakur College of Law, New Panvel, on 3rd January 2023, was a resounding success, uniting students, faculty, and staff to pay homage to the legacy of the pioneering social reformer. Organized under the adept guidance of Mrs. Sanavi Deshmukh, In-Charge Principal, and with collaborative efforts from the DLLE (Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension) and WDC (Women Development Cell) committees, the event unfolded in the Seminar Hall (Room No. 206).
- Program Hosts: Ms. Mrunal Patekar and M/S. Prerana Gaikwad (4th year BLS. LL.B.) skillfully hosted the event, ensuring a smooth flow and an engaging atmosphere.
- Faculty Recognition: In a heartfelt gesture, all teaching and non-teaching faculties were honored with mementos in the name of Savitribai Phule. This served as a token of appreciation for their significant contributions to the field of education.
- Welcome Address: Asst. Prof. Sagar S. Devghare delivered a warm welcome speech, setting the tone for the event and creating a welcoming atmosphere for all attendees.
- Enlightening Sessions: Mrs. Sanavi Deshmukh (In-Charge Principal) provided valuable insights into the profound significance of education. Asst. Prof. Dr. Mamta Goswami (In-Charge DLLE Committee) shared detailed information about the poster-making competition and the theme of the competition, adding depth to the educational experience.
- Photography Team: Mr. Sandeep Singh (3rd year LL.B.) skillfully captured the essence of the event through his lens, while Ms. Karuna Goswami & Ms. Apoorva Jadhav (4th year BLS LL.B.) volunteered their services, ensuring visual documentation of the celebration.
- PowerPoint Presentation: Ms. Gayatri Ware (BLS. LL.B.) delivered a thought-provoking session on contemporary laws for women, guided by Mrs. Danashri Kadam (Women Development Cell), enhancing awareness about evolving legal landscapes concerning women’s rights.
- Vote of Thanks: M/S. Amina (2nd year LL.B.) expressed gratitude to all participants and contributors, emphasizing the collaborative spirit that defined the event and expressing appreciation for the collective effort that made the celebration possible.
- National Song: The program concluded on a patriotic note with the rendition of the national song, “Vande Mataram,” fostering a sense of unity and national pride among the participants.
- Poster Making Competition: The DLLE Committee organized a poster-making competition, providing students with a platform to showcase their creativity and share insights on national and social issues.
The Savitribai Phule Jayanti Celebration not only paid homage to a remarkable figure but also served as a dynamic platform for unity, knowledge dissemination, and creative expression within our college community.